Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Top 20 Songs

20. The Beatles. (1970). “Let It Be.” Let It Be. This song is not only known by pretty much everyone, but it is very uplifting. Everyone has troubling times that are hard to get through and this song teaches you that things like that will happen and you just need to “let it be.” If you do that, then you can get through your problems. Many people can relate to this song in terms of their lives and I think “Let It Be” can touch many people emotionally/mentally. I am not a big Beatles fan, but I like this song.


19. Oasis. (1996). “Champagne Supernova.” (What’s the Story) Morning Glory? The way this song sounds just fascinates me. The way the words are spoken and the instrumentals are sort of calming to me in a way. I just like this song and enjoy listening to it, even though I absolutely hate the sound of the ocean in the beginning. That part irritates me and I really do not know why.


18. Rascal Flatts. (2007). “Take Me There.” Still Feels Good. I have no particular reason for choosing this song except for the fact that it reminds me of when I was younger. I was 11 years old when this song was released and I just fell in love with it. Now, whenever I hear it I think of my “younger” days.


17. Hinder. (2007). “Better Than Me.” Extreme Behavior. First of all, I am a big fan of Hinder. In my opinion, this is one of their best songs (which is why it’s on this list). I love the way that Austin Winkler, the lead singer, sings this song and I can just play it over and over again all day long.


16. Red Hot Chili Peppers. (1992). “Under the Bridge.” Blood Sugar Sex Magik. I like the Red Hot Chili Peppers and was debating between putting “Under the Bridge” and “Dani California” here. Either one would have worked because I really like Anthony Kiedis’ voice. Really any RHCP song would have worked here.


15. The Script. (2008). “Breakeven (Falling to Pieces).” The Script. This song is just a happy sounding song. The lead singer of The Script has a voice that I like very much just like the lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. His voice alone is the only reason that The Script has a spot on this list.


14. Theory of a Deadman. (2008). “Not Meant to Be.” Scars & Souvenirs. I love Theory of a Deadman. I tend to like a lot of bands that society looks down upon (Theory of a Deadman, Nickelback, Creed, Hinder…). I think this song is a beautiful song overall. The words are great and I like the musical elements of the song. Once again, I am also a fan of Tyler Connolly’s voice.


13. Train. (2001). “Drops of Jupiter.” Drops of Jupiter. I think this is a beautiful song that a ton of people love. It is a song that can be listened to and enjoyed no matter what mood you are in. “Drops of Jupiter” just makes me feel happier when I listen to it.


12. 3 Doors Down. (2001). “Be Like That.” The Better Life. This has been one of my favorite songs ever since the first time I heard it. It sends a good message and tells a wonderful story to the listener. Listening to it makes you think about how good you have it and how grateful you should be for everything you have.


11. Oasis. (1995). “Wonderwall.” (What’s the Story) Morning Glory? This song is, in my opinion, the best song from Oasis. This is because the way it sounds. I don’t know exactly why, but I think the way the instruments and the vocals come together makes an amazing sounding song. The rhythm is very catchy and I will find that it gets stuck in my head for a very long time whenever I listen to it. There is no other real reason for this being here.


10. Journey. (1983). “Faithfully.” Frontiers. This is a beautiful song. It is just another one of Journey’s power ballads. The way Steve Perry sang the song is amazing to me. You can tell he is passionate about the words he is speaking. Being on the road in a rock band is something that many people dream of and Journey’s “Faithfully” tells exactly what life on the road is like in a powerful, touching way.


9. Lennon, John. (1971). “Imagine.” Imagine. This song is a very popular, powerful song. The lyrics just make you think about pretty much everything. Now, I am not a huge fan of John Lennon, his voice, or the way that he sang his songs. He actually kind of irritates me. But this song is worth being at number nine on my list.


8. Lifehouse. (2005). “You and Me.” Lifehouse. I am a fan of Lifehouse and this is my favorite song by them. It is a simple, slow song that I enjoy very much. I think the lead singer’s voice is beautiful for singing and the lyrics are great in this song. Lifehouse deserves a spot on my top 20 list and I just thing number eight is an appropriate spot for them.


7. Linkin Park. (2001). “In the End.” Hybrid Theory. “In the End” might be Linkin Park’s best song. I love the way that they blend rock and rap in their songs, even though I am not much of a rap fan. Also, I think the piano that is in the background, usually during the rap part of the song, is an interesting addition to a hard rock/rap song. I can play this song over and over again and never get tired of it. This is, has always been, and probably will always be one of my favorite songs ever.


6. Theory of a Deadman. (2010). “All or Nothing.” Scars & Souvenirs. Again, I love Theory of a Deadman. This song has also been one of my favorite songs ever since it was released. I just think this is a great song and it definitely deserves a spot at number six.


5. Green Day. (2005). “Wake Me Up When September Ends.” American Idiot. This is definitely Green Day’s most beautiful song. I love the way the lead singer’s voice sounds in this song since he usually sings faster, very different songs. Also, September has been a good month for me in and it reminds of some of the best times that I have ever had in my life. Not only does it have a great meaning for me, but I simply love Green Day.


4. Guns N’ Roses. (1987). “Sweet Child O’ Mine.” Appetite for Destruction. Everything about this song is awesome. Axl Rose definitely has a very unique voice which adds to the uniqueness of this song. Slash’s guitar skills make this song different from every other rock song as well. Everything about the song shows the virtuosity of the musicians in the band. Even though the guitar solo in this song may not show the best that Slash can do, it is still better than almost all guitarists could even dream of doing. This song is definitely one of the greatest of all time.


3. Nickelback. (2008). “Gotta Be Somebody.” Dark Horse. I absolutely love Nickelback and this is my all-time favorite song by them. The lyrics are so true and I think everyone can relate to it. Nickelback will forever hold a spot in my heart and at number three on my list of top 20 songs.


2. Cook, David. (2008). “Light On.” David Cook. In my opinion, David Cook has an amazing voice that I absolutely love. I love when artists get really into their songs and you can tell that they feel passionate about the lyrics that they are singing. That is what I get from “Light On.” David Cook gives the song everything he has and it makes the song, in my opinion, amazing.


1. Hinder. (2006). “Lips of an Angel.” Extreme Behavior. The number one song was extremely hard to choose. The top three songs on this list, in fact, could all be number one. Hinder just might be my favorite band and, if I had to choose one of their songs, it would be “Lips of an Angel.” Absolutely everything about this song is amazing to me. Again, I think that Austin Winkler’s voice is perfect. He also gets very passionate and into his songs when he sings them, making them that much better. If I had to choose one song to listen to over and over again for the rest of my life, this would be it. I never ever get tired of hearing this song and probably (hopefully) never will. I love this song even if I can, in no way, relate to it. The music is neither over nor under played, making it perfect. Hinder, Winkler’s voice, and “Lips of an Angel” are perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment